Incorrect wound care treatment can result in an increased economic impact on the healthcare system and significantly affect the health of a patient. Here are a few selected case studies that indicate the effects of wound care on the patient.
For more information see the following article: Wound Care Overview
- Looking Beyond the Cell in Cellulitis.
- Patient-Centred Care - A Call to Action for Wound Management
- District nurses' experiences of caring for leg ulcers in accordance with clinical guidelines: a grounded theory study
- Jack's Care Transition Story
- Non healing leg ulcers and the nurse-patient relationship. Part 1: the patient's perspective.
- Non healing leg ulcers and the nurse-patient relationship. Part 2: the nurses's perspective.