Key Questions: How should Prescription Monitoring Programs (PMP) be implemented? How can they be best effective? What are the CCSA's recommendations for PMP best practices?
This guide presents recommendations encompassing practices that are supported by considerable and consistent evidence based on the review, in regard to Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs.
The objectives of this review are: 1) to outline the diversity of current practices in PMPs, 2) to examine the evidence for the effectiveness of PMPs, and 3) to identify which best practices out of those previously proposed in the literature, have the most supporting evidence at this point in time.
- Executive Summary
- Prescription Monitoring Program Practices
- Appendix 1: Detailed Search Strategy
- Appendix 2: Prescription Monitoring Program Sources
- Appendix 3: Best Pract Recommendations from Clark et al (2012).
- Appendix 4: Effective Characteristics of PMPs
- Appendix 5: Description of Canadian PMPs
- Appendix 6: Synopsis of Key PMP Features