Key Questions: What is information governance? Which topics are covered in privacy and security? What has been learned?
This paper has the following three objectives:
- To describe information governance topics with privacy and security implications for personal health information in an interoperable pan-Canadian EHR
- To describe information governance mechanisms that are currently in use in health care in Canada and other countries, or in selected industries outside health care, with lessons that could be applied to the Canadian health care context
- To raise awareness, foster discussion, and stimulate action on important information governance topics associated with supporting a pan-Canadian interoperable EHR.
- INFORMATION GOVERNANCE TOPICS WITH PRIVACY AND SECURITY IMPLICATIONS FOR PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION
- REQUIREMENTS FOR INFORMATION GOVERNANCE IN CANADIAN HEALTH CARE
- INFORMATION GOVERNANCE STRUCTURES IN CANADIAN HEALTH CARE
- INFORMATION GOVERNANCE MECHANISMS IN CANADIAN HEALTH CARE
- LESSONS FROM OTHER JURISDICTIONS AND OTHER INDUSTRIAL SECTORS