Key Questions: How can a framework be established for a collaborative HIE agreement between one or more entities? Which elements should be included in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)?
California Health eQuality has put together an HIE ready template of a Memorandum of Understanding.
UCDMC has released a template with context which may be relevant to other entities setting up an HIE.
- The Opportunity
- The Project
- Joint Responsibilities of the Parties
- Entity Roles and Responsibilities
- UCDHS IPHI Responsibilities
- Use of UCDHS IPHI Name
- Term and Termination
- The Exhibits
- Marketing Content
- Project Data (not protected health information)
- Limitation od Liability
- Relationship of Parties
- Governing Law
- EXHIBIT A HIE Ready Requirement
- EXHIBIT B
- Matrix I – Ambulatory EHR
- Matrix II – Hospital Electronic Medical Record (EMR/EHR)
- Matrix III – Health Information Exchange Organization (HIO)
- Matrix IV- Health Information Exchange (HIE) Vendor