Key Questions: How can patients be empowered within wound care through policy change to improve patient-centered care?
The aim of this document is to explore the concept and status of patient advocacy with regard to wound care. This document will begin a structured process of patient empowerment within wound care that will change policy at the highest level.
- Introduction - Why are we failing? The obstacles facing patients in wound care
- Putting patients at the center of wound care treatment
- A patient bill of rights in wound management
- The wound care patient's bill of rights
- The clinician as a patient advocate
- The wider responsibilities of the wound care clinician
- Through a glass darkly - refocusing research and development towards the patient
- Initiating patient advocacy at the national and international level