This toolkit is designed to help health and community organizations establish an effective personal safety response systems (PSRS). It aims to describe the PSRS, how the PSRS is a component of existing programs, processes and frameworks within an organization, and the need to consider PSRS as a system and not merely devices.
- Legislative Requirement and Standards
- What is a Personal Safety Response System (PSRS)?
- Why is a PSRS Important and How Does it Work?
- How does PSRS fit into Emergency Management and a Workplace Violence Prevention Program?
- How does an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) Approach Help Develop and Implement a PSRS Framework?
- PSRS Devices
- Selecting and Evaluating PSRS Devices
- PSRS Policy, Measures and Procedures
- PSRS Training PSRS Awareness Communication
- Appendix A: PSRS Legislation Checklist
- Appendix B: PSRS Gap Analysis and Action Plan Tool
- Appendix C: Device Needs Assessment Tool
- Appendix D: Overview of PSRS Device Options and Features Tool
- Appendix E: PSRS Device Needs Assessment Summary Tool
- Appendix F: PSRS Device Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Analysis Tool
- Appendix G: PSRS Policy and Procedure Guideline
- Appendix H: PSRS Training Considerations and Evaluation
- Appendix I: Personal Safety Response System Awareness Fast Fact
Schematic summary of the Personal Safety Response System (PSRS):