Key Questions: How can pressure ulcers be prevented, screened, and treated for?
The purpose of this tool is to provide a framework for outlining steps that will be needed to design and implement the pressure ulcer prevention initiative.
Link to Tool:
- Note the date and the objective. A sample objective is provided.
- The form lists six key tasks. For each, list in the second column the steps that will be taken to address the task, including tools to be used.
- In developing the plan, it is not expected that you will provide results, only that you will lay out what needs to be done.
- In the last two columns, determine who will have lead responsibility for completing each task, and estimate an appropriate timeframe for completing the activities.
- Use the plan as a working document that can be revised. As you begin to carry out the plan, you may need to make adjustments and add details to the later tasks.